Illinois Action for Children Referral Program
Searching for quality childcare can be a time-consuming process, and sometimes, the most challenging question is where to start.
Northwestern offers faculty, staff, and students a free resource and referral program to support your search through Illinois Action for Children.
How to access the benefit
Contact the dedicated Northwestern resource and childcare referral specialist at Illinois Action for Children by calling 773-356-8135.
This specialist can help you:
- Learn about childcare options:
- Childcare centers
- Family providers
- In-home care
- Receive provider referrals with confirmed openings.
- Access providers conveniently located throughout Illinois.
- Learn about features of quality programs.
- Ask questions, get tips and guide sheets to inform your search.
- Receive information about financial assistance options.
Parents are advised to carefully evaluate each provider to determine what is best for their family's needs, as these services cannot make recommendations.