Neighborhood Parents Network
Neighborhood Parents Network (NPN) is a non-profit 501(c)3 that connects a diverse community of families with the resources they need to navigate parenting in Chicago. Expectant, new and seasoned parents come to NPN to find what they need to tackle the everyday challenges of being a Chicago parent. NPN offers online and in person opportunities to find support, must-have information and events. NPN has been connecting Chicago parents for more than 36 years.
Discount to Northwestern families
NPN offers a $10 discount off their $55 annual membership fee, to Northwestern faculty, staff, post-docs and graduate students. The discount may be applied at the time of enrollment for new members, or at the time of annual membership renewal, for existing members.
NPN program highlights
With your membership, you receive benefits including:
- Childcare Classifieds - Find a parent-recommended nanny or babysitter.
- Parent Education - NPN hosts parent workshops on topics such as infant sleep and potty training with well-respected experts in their fields.
- Discussion Forum - Pose a question or jump in with an answer about everything from labor/delivery to schools to where to find a plumber on a moment's notice. Post as yourself or anonymously.
- School Search - NPN has a robust school directory that you can search with your own criteria, school choice programming and two big annual School Fairs.
- Parent Perks - Your NPN membership gives you discounts from local and national businesses that cater to parents.
- Fun events every month - The calendar is full of parties, play dates and moms' nights out, and many are FREE!
- New Moms Groups - Meet moms who face the same changes, challenges and joys you are experiencing as a new parent.
- Parent to Parent newsletter - The quarterly print newsletter is filled with parenting advice and stories from our members.