Individual Disability Insurance
Northwestern's long term disability (LTD) plan replaces 60% of income up to an annual salary of $276,000. Faculty and staff whose annual salary exceeds this amount can protect up to an additional $100,000 of income, totaling $376,000 between the Group LTD and the IDI. You are newly eligible to enroll in a Supplemental Individual Disability Income (IDI) Protection offering.
- Covers up to 60% of total earnings (salary plus bonus)
- Up to $5,000/month benefit
- Guaranteed premiums - premiums are locked in at original purchase age
- Up to 100% income replacement for Catastrophic Disabilities
- Policies are issued at a significant discount and with no medical exam required.
- Individually owned and portable should you leave Northwestern
How to Enroll
On an annual basis, the Benefits Office will assess your initial eligibility for the plan and provide a personalized enrollment packet. After your initial offer, you will not be sent future enrollment materials. If you wish to receive more information about this plan, please contact the Benefits Office.