Spouse Term Life Insurance
Spouse Term Life Insurance provides the opportunity for individuals to purchase term life insurance protection for his or her spouse or partner. For more information, browse the summary plan description.
- Available in $10,000 increments.
- Cannot exceed the employee’s total basic plus supplemental election.
- Maximum of $500,000.
Coverage at hire or initial benefits eligibility
Upon hire, you are guaranteed coverage of $30,000 regardless of health status. If you wish to elect more than $30,000 coverage for his or her spouse, you must:
- Enroll online via myHR and submit an Evidence of Insurability (EOI) form to the Benefits Division to apply for the additional amount above the guaranteed issue amount of $30,000.
After initial eligibility, you may increase coverage up to $30,000 within 31 days of a qualifying change in family or employment status without underwriting online via myHR. Coverage amounts greater than $30,000 require underwriting.
Changes during Open Enrollment require the submission of an EOI and approval by the sponsoring insurance company.
*Premium Rate per $1,000 of Coverage
**Please note that premiums are taken as an after-tax deduction from your paycheck
|To age 30||$0.021|
|30 to 34||$0.026|
|35 to 39||$0.040|
|40 to 44||$0.049|
|45 to 49||$0.077|
|50 to 54||$0.117|
|55 to 59||$0.217|
|60 to 64||$0.288|
|65 to 69||$0.445|
|70 to 79||$0.712|
|Age 80 and over||$0.712|
Accessing the benefits enrollment platform
- Login to myHR (using your Net ID and Password)
- Select the “Benefits” tile in “myHR Self Service”
- Select “My Health Benefits Elections” (in the lefthand menu)
- Select “Enroll Now”
- Select “Get Started”