Learn From Where You Are
Northwestern is experiencing an unprecedented situation in the response to COVID-19. In our efforts to come together as a community during this time, it’s important that we continue to engage with each other as we work in off-site locations, and promote our well-being. Learn From Where You Are is here to provide you access to on-demand and live virtual learning, and offer you ways to grow professionally, build your skills, and stay engaged and connected.
This is a new venture for all of us, and we are working hard to add content over the coming days, so please check back often.
|Connect to Northwestern||From Northwestern IT, find the information you need to Get Connected to the University network and technology.|
|Find tips, videos, and courses about transitioning to a Remote and Virtual Workplace in myHR Learn.|
|Get Learning Solutions for Mobile Device Users when your only connection is over the telecommunication network and your mobile phone or tablet.|
Plan Your Learning
All staff members and managers are encouraged to create a learning plan either for yourself and/or your team. To make this easy, remote learning options are presented below, and include virtual training, select on-demand learning, as well as vetted external and internal videos, documents, websites. And to make more learning accessible to all, courses that previously required fees will be offered to the community at no cost.
In addition, you can browse the full LinkedIn Learning catalog for even more on-demand learning, all available at no cost to Northwestern students, faculty, and staff. You and your teams may also identify learning interests specific to your functional area, which could take the form of books, articles, videos, and other materials. Here are resources to help you plan, conduct, and reflect on your and your team’s professional development.
- Team Learning Planner (PDF file will open in a new window)
- Individual Learning Planner (Microsoft Word file will download)
- Learning Check-in (PDF file will open in a new window)
- Virtual Learning Calendar (PDF file will open in a new window)
Managers, please note that training approvals for team members will not be required for virtual learning. You can use the Team Learning Planner and the Learning Dashboard in myHR Learn to manage and monitor team learning.
Announcing Learning Intersections!
Do you love learning? Sign up today for Learning Intersections, a new newsletter for Northwestern staff and faculty to keep up to date on events, resources, and ideas that will help you grow your skills today, and your career tomorrow.
Choose Your Learning
Expand the categories below to explore the offerings available. Follow the links within each category to myHR Learn and to other learning providers, including Northwestern MOOCs.
Transitioning to a Remote and Virtual Workplace
- Remote and Virtual Workplace (Courses & Playlists)
- Working Remotely (Course)
- Time Management: Working from Home (Course)
- Managing Virtual Teams (Course)
Technologies you may need to connect, communicate, and collaborate effectively.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Well-being (Playlist)
- Business Email: Who, What, When, and Why (Webinar)
- Embracing Change (Webinar)
- How to Hold Successful and Productive Meetings (Webinar)
- Time Management: Putting First Things First (April 29th Webinar)
Reference or links in this website to any other business or entity’s information, opinions, advice, services, or products do not constitute our endorsement or recommendation by Northwestern University. We are not responsible for the contents of any off-site web pages, companies or persons linked or referenced in this site.
Leadership and Management
- Lead From Where You Are (manager's resource page)
Performance and Feedback
- Northwestern News
- Check out this central repository for podcasts curated by the schools and units across the Northwestern Community. The topics range from the arts to business to science to the humanities, providing something for everyone.
- Northwestern Intersections
- Listen to Northwestern Alumni share insights about how their careers have evolved and how key intersections of experience, opportunity and alumni connections have propelled them to where they are today. Download the app for easy mobile use.
Adding learning content to Learn From Where You Are
We are working on expanding the catalog of virtual offerings in the coming days, so please check back often. We welcome new topic suggestions, and invite you to contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in delivering learning content.