Real Conversation Planner
Plan your performance conversation today. This tool is for managers or staff members, to craft a conversation guide that helps keep things REAL. A good performance conversation builds trust, increases learning and focuses forward. Select your conversation prompts and reminders below, press submit, and save and/or print as reference.
Using the planner
- Start with the Reflect section and check actions you want to complete before the conversation.
- Open each section below (Empathize, Ask questions, Look ahead) and check questions or prompts you'd like to include within the conversation. Add any individual notes in the open text boxes.
- Use the final open text boxes for additional items you want to emphasize or questions you'd like to ask.
- Click SUBMIT
- A printable/savable version of your conversation will appear in a new window.
- Option: refresh the conversation planner window and plan your next conversation.
Additional resources for download
|REAL conversation infographic||Getting ready to discuss development|
|Giving feedback overview and worksheet||Tips for receiving feedback|
|All staff resources||All supervisor resources|