Blue365 Vision Program
- PPO medical and vision discounts
- EyeMed vision care discount
- Davis vision discount
- HMO medical and vision coverage
Faculty and staff enrolled in a Northwestern-sponsored PPO medical plan – Premier, Select or Value – can take advantage of the discounts available under the Blue365 discount program at no additional cost. Blue365 is a vision services discount program sponsored by BlueCross BlueShield; it is not a vision insurance plan. Blue Cross Blue Shield utilizes two provider networks, EyeMed Vision Care and Davis Vision.
The EyeMed vision care discount through Blue365 is a completely separate program from our regular vision insurance through EyeMed. The two cannot be used together. If you are enrolled in the regular EyeMed vision insurance, the coverage is richer than this discount plan. In that case you will want to provide your 7-digit employee ID number (on Wildcard) to the vision vendor to make sure they bill the appropriate coverage (rather than your BCBS ID number). You can use the discount program on a new transaction after you have exhausted your regular vision coverage.
The EyeMed vision care discount program through Blue365 is outlined below.
- Exam: $50 routine exam, $10 off contact lens exam
- Frames*: 35% off retail price
- Standard Plastic Lenses*:
- Single Vision: $50
- Bifocal: $70
- Trifocal or Lenticular: $105
- Standard Progressive: $135
- Premium Progressive: 30% off retail price
- Lens Options (added to lens price)*:
- UV Coating, Tint, and/or Scratch Resistance: $12 each
- Standard Polycarbonate: $35
- Standard Anti-Reflective: $40
- Other Add-Ons: 30% off retail price
- Contact Lens Materials:
- Conventional; 15% off retail price
*A complete pair of glasses (frame, lenses, and lens options) must be purchased in the same transaction to receive full discount.
The Davis Vision discount also cannot be used with the regular EyeMed vision insurance. It can be used after the EyeMed coverage is exhausted.
- Exam: 15% off or $5 off retail price
- Contact Lens Exam: 15% off or $10 off retail price
- Frames priced up to $70 retail: $40
- Frames priced over $70 retail: $40 plus 10% off balance over $70
- Spectacle Lenses
- Single Vision: $35
- Bifocal: $55
- Trifocal: $65
- Lenticular: $110
- Spectacle Lens Options (added to lens price)
- Standard Progressive: $60
- Premium Progressive: $110
- Polycarbonate Lenses: $30
- Anti-Reflective Coating: $45
- Scratch Resistance Coating: $15
- Contact Lenses
- Conventional: 20% off
- Disposable: 10% off
Additional information is available at www.blue365deals.com.
Faculty and Staff enrolled into the HMO Illinois medical plan have vision coverage included with their medical plan. This coverage is separate from our stand-alone vision insurance through EyeMed. In addition, members may receive additional discounts on remaining balances after the vision coverage has been applied, or exhausted.
HMO Illinois members have the following benefits already included in their medical plan:
- Exam: comprehensive eye exam every 12 months, covered with $0 copay, and,
- Frame: $125 frame allowance, every 24 months, and,
- Lenses: $0 copay on single vision, bifocal, trifocal, or lenticular lenses, every 24 months, or,
- Contacts: $75 contact lens allowance, every 24 months; coverage for fit and follow-up
*Please note members can have a combination of exam, frame, and lenses, or exam, frame, and contacts. Members cannot receive both lenses and contacts lenses in the same 24-month period.
|Benefit||Member Share or Allowance|
|Eye exam||$0 copay|
|Standard contact lens fit and follow-up exam||$0 copay|
|Standard lenses (single, bifocal, trifocal, lenticular)||$0 copay|
|Contact lenses (in lieu of eyeglass lenses)||$75 allowance|
|Lens options: polycarbonate (kids under 19)||$0 copay|
Frames and contact lenses
|Frames||20% of balance over $125|
|Conventional contact lenses||15% off balance over $75|
|Additional pairs (after benefits are used)||40% off complete eyeglasses, 15% off conventional contact lenses|
|Lens Option||Member Cost|
|Tint (solid and gradient)||$15|
|Polycarbonate - adults||$40|
|Premium progressive/AR/photochromatic||$57-$110 for most options|
|Other add-ons||20% off retail price|