The Lead Others courses offer managers the knowledge, skills, and practical tools they need to engage and develop their teams to deliver breakthrough results.
Manager Foundations is for all managers new to a management role at Northwestern in the past two years, with preference given to those with at least two direct reports. All other courses are open to any manager.
An interactive, and experiential program, created in partnership with schools and units across campus, Manager Foundations is designed to develop skilled, confident and connected leaders to support Northwestern’s mission and culture. This will be offered in virtual format in 2020-2021 and covers topics such as:
- Expectations of managers and leaders at Northwestern
- Philosophies, resources and policies that apply to the employee lifecycle at Northwestern (e.g., hiring, performance management, development, well-being)
- Connecting the team's mission to the mission of the University
- Tools for effective team management and coaching
- Creating a just and equitable environment, including unconscious bias, active inclusion, micro-aggressions, discrimination, harassment and accommodations.
Running September 2020-January 2021,and February-June 2021. If you are interested in participating, please speak to your area HR contact for current registration information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional workshops include:
- Building Trust from Where you Are (part of Leading Distributed Teams Certificate)
- Team Development Essentials for Distributed Teams (part of Leading Distributed Teams Certificate)
- Performance Feedback Labs
- Learn more about the Leading Distributed Teams Certificate Program