The Lead Others courses offer managers the knowledge, skills, and practical tools they need to engage and develop their teams to deliver breakthrough results.
Manager Foundations is for all managers new to a management role at Northwestern in the past two years, with preference given to those with at least two direct reports. All other courses are open to any manager.
A new, interactive, and experiential program, created in partnership with schools and units across campus, Manager Foundations is designed to develop skilled, confident and connected leaders to support Northwestern’s mission and culture. This program is 5.5 days over 5-6 weeks, and covers topics such as:
- Expectations of managers and leaders at Northwestern
- Philosophies, resources and policies that apply to the employee lifecycle at Northwestern (e.g., hiring, performance management, development, well-being)
- Connecting the team's mission to the mission of the University
- Tools for effective team management and coaching
- Creating a just and equitable environment, including unconscious bias, active inclusion, micro-aggressions, discrimination, harassment and accommodations.
Running October-November 2019, February-March 2020, and July 2020.
Additional workshops include:
- Manager's Compass® Development Program (this 2-day program is included within Manager Foundations, and also offered here for experienced Northwestern managers - please take one or the other)
- Crucial Accountability
- Coaching for Development
- Leading High Performance Teams
- Art of Interviewing and Unconscious Bias in Hiring
- Performance Feedback Labs
- Resolving Workplace Conflict