Physical wellness consists of recognizing the need for physical activity, healthy foods, and sleep, as well as preventing illness and injury or managing chronic health conditions.
Goals for your Physical Wellness
- Understand how and why your body works
- Feel comfortable with your physical appearance
- Make informed choices about your body and sexuality
- Feel competent at physical activities
- Develop well-balanced and healthy eating habits
- Become a responsible drinker or a non-drinker
- Become aware of how a lack of sleep, stress, and non-activity affect your body
- Become aware of how food, beverages, drugs, chemicals, additives, and caffeine affect your body
- Engage in regular movement to improve flexibility, strength, aerobic, and cardiovascular health.
- Develop and cultivate leisure activities
- Seek medical care when needed for illness, injury and preventative care.
- Health Service - Evanston
- Health Service - Chicago
- Sports Medicine
- NU Recreation
- NU Dining
- Center for Awareness, Response & Education (CARE)
- Alcohol and Other Drug Resources
- Safe Ride
- Purple Pantry