An animated video that stresses the importance of sleep for your mood, health, and academic performance. Love your sleep!!!!
Meditation Music by Anatolie Antoniu & Marin Nicoarã | Graphic Animation by Koyote Sundance Meiners-Rios | Video & Audio by Thomas Molash
Practices to Help You Fall Asleep
Yoga Nidra for Sleep
- Yoga Nidra for Sleep Audio (36:42)
- 30 minute practice to do in bed, to help you fall asleep. The practice will also help you get back to sleep if you wake up and your mind starts chattering away.
Ahhhhhhhhh: Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation Audio (9:50)
- Take a journey through the body, relaxing tension out of the muscles, to help the body prepare for sleep
- Grateful Heart Audio (7:52)
- Gratitude practices can increase positive feelings and help guide you towards sleep.
Find a Comfortable Rhythm
- Find a Comfortable Rhythm Audio (6:10)
- Paced breathing helps to lightly distract the mind from worries which can help you fall asleep faster.
Practicing Your Rhythm
- Practicing Your Rhythm (7:47)
- 5 minutes of Paced Breathing with minimal instruction; see Find a Comfortable Rhythm above for more detailed teaching of the technique.
3 Good Things
- 3 Good Things Audio (4:14)
- Boost your mood by naming 3 positive things that happened to you today; makes a great daily practice before bedtime.
Leaves on a Stream
- Leaves on a Stream Audio (8:52)
- This practice helps interrupt the grip that anxious and worried thoughts have on your mind, which can help you prepare for more restful sleep.