Emotional wellness is defined as coping effectively with life and creating satisfying relationships.
Goals for your Emotional Wellness
- Become more aware of your feelings and accept them as valid indicators of what you are experiencing
- Develop the ability to experience and appropriately express a wide range of emotions such as humor, joy, fear, anger, frustration, appreciation, sadness, etc.
- Develop assertiveness and confrontation skills
- Develop positive feelings about yourself by instituting a healthy self-esteem and self-concept
- Develop the skills to handle stress, irritations, crises, etc.
- Explore and clarify your own sexual identity
- Develop, establish, and maintain intimate and loving relationships
- Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Center for Awareness, Response & Education (CARE)
- Mindfulness @ NU