Social wellness is defined as developing a sense of connection, belonging, and a well-developed support system.
Goals for your Social Wellness
- Develop the ability to create and maintain close friendships
- Feel comfortable interacting with diverse individuals and groups
- Become aware of your responsibilities for the welfare of different communities
- Understand and accept those with a different sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, religion, socioeconomic status, life experience, etc.
- Understand the concepts of sex and gender role stereotyping and explore appropriate sex and gender role behavior for yourself
- Develop a "global consciousness" by recognizing the interrelatedness of cultural, global and national issues and needs
- Work toward becoming a responsible world citizen
- Campus Inclusion & Community
- Campus Life
- NU Nights
- Women's Center
- Center for Awareness, Response & Education (CARE)
- Office of the Ombudsperson