CAPS Evanston Office
- 633 Emerson Street – Searle Hall, Second Floor
- Phone: 847-491-2151
- Office Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM | Wed: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Walk-in meetings with a counselor are available on a first-come, first-served basis and can be used to address any mental health concern.
- These are not scheduled appointments and cannot be booked in advance.
- Please walk into Evanston CAPS or call 847-491-2151 when you are available for about an hour and a half.
- Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM | Wed: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
- Questions? Visit the Same Day Access FAQ here.
- We recommend coming in during our Same Day Access hours for an Initial Assessment.
- Scheduled initial assessments can also be booked online. Students must be in the state of Illinois for all clinical appointments, so please make sure to schedule an Initial Assessment at a time when you will be in Illinois.
- New appointments open daily or whenever cancellations or rescheduling occur, so we encourage students to check for appointments on a daily basis.
- The after-hour emergency service number is 847-491-2151. Answering service personnel will contact a CAPS counselor who will speak with you on the phone. A counselor is available via phone 24 hours a day, year-round.
For students attending programs on the Chicago Campus, please click here for information about accessing services at our Chicago CAPS office.