The area of Family Engagement is committed to keeping our family members informed about what is happening on campus. We have a variety of methods to ensure you receive useful information to help both you and your student. These are included below and delivered to Northwestern families via the parent and family email list.
If your student is a 2023 Transfer Student, please sign up for the 2023 Transfer Students email list (and not your student’s anticipated graduation date) to ensure you are receiving information for new transfer student parents and families. In December, we will then ask you to sign up for the year that corresponds with your students anticipated graduation date.
Parent & Family Email List
What is the parent and family email list, you ask?
- It is how Northwestern communicates with the parent and family members of Northwestern’s undergraduate students. Subscribe to the list to receive emails updating you about the campus community and various events that are pertinent to you – and your students. The Wildcat Family Recap e-mail will be delivered twice a month via the listserv and other messages will be sent as needed. The area of Family Engagement does not mail invitations so this is where subscribers will receive emails about Parent and Family Orientation and Family Weekend.
Sign Up Now
Want to unsubscribe or change your email address?
- Click the "unsubscribe" button at the bottom of any listserv email. Then, you can re-subscribe using a different email address if you wish. Feel free to contact Family Engagement with any questions about the email list.
Wildcat Family Recap
Read the Wildcat Family Recap which is sent every two weeks (September – June) to all undergraduate parents and family members who are subscribed to the NU Parent and Family Email List. This short and simple e-mail provides a compilation of key University information from the past two weeks that may be of interest to family members. New family members will begin to receive this e-mail in September.
Northwestern Parent and Family Guide
View our 2023-2024 Parent and Family Guide which provides important resources available to support all our Northwestern family members.
For Families of New Students
The area of Family Engagement will host a series of webinars this spring and summer to help new Wildcat families with their transition to Northwestern. Family Engagement will also periodically host webinars for all undergraduate parents and families focusing on timely topics. All attendees must register for the webinars to receive the webinar link via email. If you are unable to attend a webinar, no worries! All webinars will be recorded and posted on this page the Monday following each webinar.
2023 Webinars For Families of New Students
|Date||Webinar Topic||Time (all CDT)|
How to Prepare for Northwestern: A Webinar for the Class of 2027 + Families
How to Prepare for Northwestern: A Webinar for New Transfer + Families
Presentation on the College Transition Process & an Overview of Campus Resources
“Wildcat Chat” with Northwestern Parents & Family Members
Special Webinar: The Black Student Experience at Northwestern
Final Details: Move-In, Wildcat Welcome, Parent & Family Orientation
2023 Webinar For All Undergraduate Parents & Families
- Wed, February 8 (7:00–8:15 PM CDT)
- Student Mental Health & Involvement Resources Winter Webinar
- Click here to watch a recording of the Student Mental Health & Involvement Resources Webinar
- Click here to view a PDF of the webinar slides