Student Affairs Staff Awards
Each year, we recognize individual staff members, departments, or groups who have done exemplary work in the Division of Student Affairs. The recipients of these awards are announced at the annual end-of-the-year celebration. These awards are directly related to the Student Affairs values as stated in the Division’s Strategic Plan. Overall award descriptions and past award recipients appear on this site.
- Access the online nomination form (check your email!) for as many awards are you are submitting
- Review the selection criteria for the award
- Be sure the information you’re sharing is complete, especially full names, job titles, departments, etc., as this information will be used in official listings of nominees and awards
- Craft a statement of 500 words or less describing why the individual staff member, department, or group is deserving of the award. It is helpful to include specific examples.
- Decide whether or not to include your own contact information so the nominee can thank you. It is OK to submit nominations anonymously
- Submit awards prior to the deadline
Once nominations are received, SALT decides upon the recipients using the same selection criteria listed within the nomination form. It is considered an honor to be nominated for any award by one’s peers! Award nominations and recipients will be announced during Student Affairs Staff Recognition Week, to be held in late July. More details forthcoming.
The Innovation Award is given to a Student Affairs’ staff member, department, or group that has generated one or more creative, novel, and sustainable initiatives within the last year to enhance our work, challenge assumptions, foster organizational health, and promote student learning and success.
Collaborative Excellence Award
The Collaborative Excellence Award recognizes a Student Affairs’ staff member, department, or group that has successfully partnered with colleagues outside of the Division of Student Affairs to design and implement programs, activities, and/or services that enrich the Northwestern experience, further student learning, advance social justice, and/or optimize resources.
The Integrity Award is given to a Student Affairs staff member who has consistently demonstrated the highest ethical and professional standards in one or more instances in the past year. Top nominees will be easily recognized as stellar citizens of Student Affairs who consistently uphold our values and guiding principles.
Social Justice Award
The Social Justice Award recognizes a Student Affairs’ staff member, department, or group who has engaged in activities outside the framework of their regular responsibilities to help create and foster a Northwestern community that is equitable and inclusive.
Distinguished Service – Commitment to Excellence Award
The Distinguished Service – Commitment to Excellence Award recognizes Student Affairs’ staff members who have exhibited outstanding achievement in one or more of the following areas:
- leadership in a national/international professional organization
- significant service to Northwestern
- development and research activities
- mentoring activities
- long-term service to the Division of Student Affairs
Distinguished Service – Commitment to Excellence Awards are presented to no more than five members of the Division each year.
Campus Partner Award
The Campus Partner Award recognizes a faculty or staff member, alumni, or department--not a part of Student Affairs--who has been an outstanding partner with student affairs on a significant initiative to improve the Northwestern experience for students.