The following training is available for Northwestern University staff only and pertain to administrative functions in CAESAR.
Please submit your access request before signing up for training.
Student Records Training: Upcoming Sessions
- September 8, 2021- 9:30am to 11:30am - Virtual Training (Zoom)
- October 13, 2021- 9:30am to 11:30am - Virtual Training (Zoom)
- November 17, 2021- 9:30am to 11:30am - Virtual Training (Zoom)
- December 8, 2021- 9:30am to 11:30am - Virtual Training (Zoom)
To sign up for Student Records training, send an email to SES Training. Include the session you wish to attend and the date you submitted your access request.
- CAESAR Overview (navigation, favorites, and definitions)
- Generating permission numbers
- Generating unofficial transcripts
- Processing student enrollments
- Updating student program/plan data
- Running BI Cognos Reports
- Running and writing queries
Financial Aid: Student Funding Training
Training sessions for Grad Student Funding Entry (Smart Pages) are scheduled on an ad-hoc basis based on demand. You will be invited to the next scheduled training session after you submit your access request.
If you have questions about TGS funding training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're in The Graduate School, you can sign-up for a TGS Admissions (CollegeNet and decision entry in CAESAR) training session in myHR Learn.
All other Admissions training is offered as needed. Please email SES Training to schedule a session.
Student Financials Training
Training for Student Financials is not typically offered. For instructions, please refer to our Student Financials user guides.