The Northwestern IT Project Request System collects information so we can assess the business impact and complexity of requests. Because we don’t have the time and resources to do everything, we want to make sure we are using our resources wisely, getting the most payback from projects.
When do I need to submit a project request?
Anything that requires time from SES functional or technical personnel needs a project request including:
- New functions in CAESAR
- Enhancements to existing CAESAR functions
- New interfaces or changes to existing interfaces
- New reports or modifications to existing reports
- Putting queries on an automated schedule
These are items that DO NOT need a project request:
- Production fixes (things that are not working properly)
- Patches, regulatory updates, bundles, etc.
- Duplicate resolution
- Standard cyclical processing (e.g., term setup, standard financial aid setup and processing, tuition setup)
- Items that are in progress
- Items that do not require time from SES functional or technical personnel
How do I submit a project request?
Please fill out the Northwestern IT Administrative Services Request Form.
How do projects get prioritized?
Projects will be evaluated primarily based on the following criteria:
- Strategic Value
- Customer Service Benefits
- Impact of NOT doing the project
Who can I contact for help?
Please contact Neeraj Jajodia at email@example.com