Retrieving CTEC Instructor Reports
The Office of the Registrar transitioned to a new course evaluation system during the 2015-2016 Academic Year. While some reports are stored in the Blue Explorance System and some are stored in CAESAR, with the October 2017 upgrade of CAESAR, administrators can view all reports in CAESAR or Northwestern's Business Intelligence System (Cognos BI):
- CTEC report by Subject - A summary report for the entire subject area. The majority of summary reports from Winter 2016 and earlier are in CAESAR; the majority of summary reports from Spring 2016 and later are in Business Intelligence System (Cognos BI).
- CTEC report by Class and Instructor - A report for a single class section within your department. These reports are all linked in CAESAR.
- CTEC report by Class and Instructor (for Teaching Assistants) - A report for a single class section within your department. These reports are all linked in CAESAR.
Please see the managing pop-ups in CAESAR page if you have any difficulties in accessing reports in SES/CAESAR.
Use NetID to log into Blue and the Business Intelligence System.
Use SES Admin ID to log into SES.
Once you have successfully signed in to CAESAR with your SES admin ID, you can access Search CTECs for Admin via the Classic Home tile on your administrator home page or via the Navigator (the compass icon in the right-hand corner of the purple banner).
Course and Teacher Evaluations > Search CTECs for Admin
Note about the other CTEC searches available to administrators:
- The Search CTECs component allows you to see CTECs as students see them via Class Search.
- The Search CTECS FLUID component, launched in October 2017, allows you to see the responsive CTECs as students see them via Manage Classes. The responsive/fluid CTECs work well on a desktop, mobile device, or iPad. When Class Search and Enrollment also become responsive for students in the future, the older Search CTECs component will no longer be available.
Select the Term and Course Subject in which you are interested. Click Search.
CTEC Reports by Subject
For older terms, click the link with the subject name to view a summary CTEC report for an entire subject area within your department. This report includes, for the term, aggregated numerical CTEC response data for each course and instructor.
For more recent terms, use the link provided to Business Intelligence System (Cognos BI) to view the summary report for the subject:
CTEC Reports by Class and Instructor
CTEC Reports by Class and Instructor (Teaching Assistants)
Click the link to view a list of TA CTEC reports for a single class section. The report will open or, for earlier terms, another page will open that displays CTEC reports for each individual teaching assistant.