Supplier Contract Management
Contract Management is a module within NUFinancials which serves as a central repository for contracts created on behalf of Northwestern University. Contract Management allows individuals with assigned roles to author new contracts, submit for internal and external collaboration and/or route for signature.
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Contract Management Life Cycle
- Before Creating a Contract
- Training Resources
There are many users who have access to Contract Management that have been assigned new roles and responsibilities that are part of a contract life cycle, and the system of controls to enable proper creation, approval and execution of each contract entered into the system. Each individual within the contract life cycle provides the responsibility, knowledge and information to ensure that contracts entered into the system are authorized, accurate and auditable.
Learn more about the roles and responsibilities by reading Supplier Contact Management – Roles and Responsibilities.
The Life Cycle consist of all steps necessary to create a fully executed contract. The steps include:
- Contract Creation
- Contract Collaboration (internal and external)
- Contract Approval
- Contract Execution (or signature)
View the full Contract Management Life Cycle by viewing ROLES RESP - Contract Lifecycle.
Supplier Profile- A supplier must have an active profile in NUFinancials before a contract can be created. A new supplier request must be submitted the Vendor File Management Team. You will need to request from the supplier:
- A recent W9
- Confirm their order to address
- Confirm their remit to address
- Confirm how POs should be sent; email or fax
Collaboration - All contracts created must go through collaboration before being submitted for approval and/or being signed.
Approvals - All contracts $25,000 and higher will need to be reviewed and approved by Procurement and Payment Services before being signed. The Purchasing Decision Documentation form (URL) must be attached.
- Contract Administrators (Presentation)
- Create a Transactional Contract (Job Aid)
- Create an Ad Hoc Contract (Job Aid)
- Finish a Transactional Contract (Job Aid)
- Finish an Ad Hoc Contract (Job Aid)
- Supplier Contract Collaborator (Webinar)
- Supplier Contract Collaborator (Presentation)
- Collaborate Internally on a Contract (Job Aid)
General Procurement and Payment Services
Keith Paddy, eProcurement Manager
Samantha Kustra, Procurement Analyst