International Employees

Getting started

New employees can use these webpages to begin the application process. In addition to H-1B visas, those with citizenship in specific countries will hold E-3 (Australia) or TN (Mexico and Canada) visas.

Current employee resources

Find information about visa maintenance and compliance while living in the U.S. Instructions and forms for visa changes, such as changing from one visa status to another or extending your visa, are also provided.

Working with host departments

When applying for or amending a visa, or when applying for legal permanent residency, you will work closely with your host academic department. These pages, designed for departmental contacts, can give you information on their responsibilities in your visa process.

Spouses and families

You may bring your husband, wife, and/or children under the age of 21 with you as dependents. In their dependent status, they may have different restrictions when seeking employment, studying, or traveling.