International Travel Registry
Students planning university-affiliated travel (e.g., conference attendance, research, field studies, performance, competition) are required to register their international travel in Northwestern’s International Travel Registry. The Travel Registry provides travelers with important health and safety resources prior to departure and allows Northwestern to communicate with travelers while abroad.
New to the Travel Registry? Start Here
REGISTER YOUR TRAVEL
Register your travel if you are a Northwestern:
- Graduate student traveling internationally on university-affiliated travel
- Undergraduate non-credit traveler not affiliated with the Global Learning Office
- Faculty or staff trip leader traveling with three or more students
- Faculty or staff member traveling to an OFAC sanctioned country (Belarus, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Russia, Syria, and certain regions of Ukraine including Crimea, Luhansk, and Sevastopol)
DO NOT REGISTER YOUR TRAVEL
Do NOT register if you are:
- Traveling within the U.S.
- Traveling on a leisure / personal trip not affiliated with Northwestern
- A Northwestern international student returning home (even on Northwestern-affiliated travel)
- A Northwestern employee unless you are a trip leader or traveling to an OFAC sanctioned country
The next step depends on whether you are traveling independently (solo) or as part of a group.
Solo (Independent) Travel
Solo (Independent) Travel
- Read the State Department’s Travel Advisory for your destination(s) and note the advice to travelers; if you are an undergraduate and your destination has a Travel Advisory Level 3 or Level 4, check the Restricted Travel List to determine if special Travel Permission is required
- Review the CDC Traveler’s Health Destinations to evaluate health risks and vaccination requirements or recommendations; follow the Immunization guidance to connect with a travel health professional
- Register your trip in the International Travel Registry at least two weeks before departure. To complete it in one step, have your travel dates, a screenshot of your passport photo page (optional) and a credit card to purchase GeoBlue, Northwestern's global health insurance plan;
- If you are required to show proof of registry to obtain funding or reimbursement, follow instructions in the system on "how to generate a travel registry receipt"
- Click the purple box and log into the International Travel Registry using your Northwestern SSO
- Students traveling as part of a faculty, staff or student-led group (e.g., a Registered Student Organization) will receive an email notification from the Travel Registry system when it is time to register
- Use the link provided in the email notification to complete your registration
- Trip leaders or trip organizers should complete the Checklist for Group Travel Abroad before departure