Skip to main content

Safety Emergencies

If the traveler has been a victim of a crime, harassment, discrimination, terrorism, natural disaster, etc., there is help available from Northwestern.

Another option for American citizens is to contact the U.S. Department of State’s (U.S. DOS) American Citizen Services, who are prepared to assist with emergencies abroad.

Learn more about managing security and safety situations on the Victim of Crime Abroad and Arrest and Detention Abroad webpages.