International Travel for Undergraduate Registered Student Organizations
To help plan a safer, healthier international travel experience, all Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) must complete must complete all pre-departure requirements outlined below.
- Schedule a meeting with your RSO Advisor to discuss possible trip plans or ideas at least a quarter in advance of your proposed departure.
- Once a destination or project is under serious consideration, contact Andrea Mendoza in the Office of Global Safety and Security (OGSS) at least 6 weeks before planned departure.
- If your travel is to a country on the Restricted Travel List, you must begin a Travel Permission Request as early as possible to secure trip approval. Travel to “unrestricted” countries require an RSO Risk Management Plan.
- Complete additional responsibilities before, during and after the trip as outlined on the RSO Trip Leader Checklist.
All student travelers
- Once the RSO Trip Leader has met with OGSS and registered the trip, all student travelers will be invited via email to complete trip requirements; do not register independently.
- All RSO student travelers are required to complete the International Travel Registry at least 2 weeks before departure.
- RSO student travelers are required to purchase Northwestern’s GeoBlue International Health Insurance and upload proof to the Travel Registry.