Pace Rideshare Program
Carpooling is an economical, convenient, and environmentally friendly way to commute to work. Participating in a rideshare program will reduce your commuting costs, carbon footprint, and stress. Northwestern University has partnered with Pace to help you find others interested in carpooling. Full-time Northwestern employees who would like to carpool and live outside the parking boundaries for their campus are eligible for the program. The parking boundaries are:
- Evanston: Central Street to the north, Ridge Avenue to the west, and Lake Street to the south
- Chicago: North Avenue to the north, Halsted Street to the west, and Congress Parkway to the south
How to Find a Carpool
- Register with Pace Rideshare and specify your employer as "Northwestern University". For registration help, please see Pace's Registration Guide.
- Match potential participants in your area
- Email a completed Northwestern Rideshare form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stop by your campus Parking Services office to pick up your parking permit. Your parking assignment will be based on your carpool participants and their respective eligibility. Only one parking permit is issued per carpool, all participants' old parking permits will no longer be valid.
Disclaimer: Please be advised that Pace Rideshare is not affiliated with Northwestern University. Participants are solely responsible for determining whether or when it is appropriate to meet with or share personal information with a potential carpool partner.