Commuter Benefits Recognized
Northwestern University has been named one of the 2020 Best Workplaces for Commuters
Getting Around Campus
Service Updates and Announcements
COVID-19 Service Information: Updated information about Shuttles and parking operations at this time.
Shuttle Service Announcements:
- Chicago/Main stop moved: Effective March 2 the stop has moved north closer to the intersection.
- Daylight Saving Time schedule changes: Campus Loop and Evanston Loop schedules change due to the start of daylight saving time.
- Chicago Train Shuttle tickets increased: Effective October 1, 2019 monthly passes are $52.00 and 10-ride ticket packets are $21.00.
Evanston Parking Announcements
- City of Evanston Water Reservoir Project: The City of Evanston Lincoln Street Water Reservoir construction project is in progress. Construction activity/traffic is expected on Lincoln Street and North Campus Drive. Members of the campus community are urged to use caution and allow extra time when driving or walking near the work site. The project is expected to be completed in summer 2021.
- Lot Closings: There are currently no lot closings.
Student Parking Permit Returns: Winter quarter student permit returns are now being accepted. Due to extended spring break and subsequent remote classes, there is no deadline for permit returns at this time.
- Garage/Lot Capacity Update: The following events may affect capacity, traffic and congestion in the parking garages and lots. Parkers should allow extra time and plan to use alternate lots if necessary: No events at this time.
- Parking Reminders: Storage of vehicles in main campus lots and garages for periods longer than 48 consecutive hours is prohibited.
- Parking lot gates and pay stations: Parking controls (gates, card readers and pay stations) in the North and South Parking Garages are now operating.
- North Garage: While the North Garage frequently reaches capacity, there are generally parking spaces available in the South Garage (# 211) and the Engelhart Hall lot (# 239) throughout the day.
- Contractor parking: Construction contractors for all capital projects are prohibited from parking in all main campus lots, including the North Garage (# 105), South Garage (# 211) and South Beach two level structure (# 214, 215).
- Resident permit parking in North Garage: Resident student permits ("R", "R9") will continue to have access to the North Garage.