Violations and Fees
Vehicles may receive tickets for:
- No valid permit: $50.00
- Unauthorized permit: $50.00
- Altered permit: $250.00
- Incorrect permit for lot: $30.00
- Valid permit/hang tag not properly displayed: $10.00
- Sticker not facing aisle: $5.00
- Parked on walk or grass area: $30.00
- Blocking or obstructing traffic lanes, service areas, posted areas, hydrants: $40.00
- Parking over lines or in two spaces: $15.00
- Expired parking meter: $15.00
- More than 20 minutes in a loading dock/zone: $15.00
- Reserved space: $100.00
- Handicapped space: $250.00
- Posted fire lane: $40.00
- Immobilization (booting): $125.00
Any area not designated as a parking space should be considered a no parking zone.
Towing & Booting
Vehicles may be towed or immobilized for:
- Blocking fire lanes.
- Blocking vehicle or pedestrian traffic ways.
- Parking in no-parking areas.
- Abandoned vehicles. Vehicles must not be stored on campus for more than 48-hours consecutive hours.
- Parking that impedes progress of necessary maintenance projects (snow removal, paving, etc).
- Receiving five or more unpaid parking citations (any violation).
- Parking in a reserved space, handicapped space, tow-away zone or otherwise creating a safety hazard.
If your car is booted, contact Parking Services immediately. In order to have a boot removed, all tickets, fines, and boot fees must be paid. Once payment is accepted, the boot will be removed. Failure to make arrangements to have immobilizer (boot) removed will result in the vehicle being commercially towed.
If your car is towed, contact North Shore Towing in Evanston to claim it. You will be responsible for paying the towing fee and any storage fees to North Shore Towing.