Clerical Aide—Residential Life
The Clerical Aide for Residential Life is a student work-study position intended to serve the Residential Life office in Residential Services. The Clerical Aide will:
- Work 10 hours per week between 8:30 am – 5 pm, M-F
- Use the highest level of professionalism when addressing students, guests, or others who utilize the reception desks
- Attend all scheduled trainings and meetings
- Answer phones and direct callers to proper extensions
- Answer general questions from residents and visitors
- Make copies
- Distribute mail; occasionally delivering mail and supplies to other campus buildings
- Meet regularly with supervisor
- Accurately record all hours worked by the assigned deadlines as directed by the Word-Study Program
- Complete other duties as assigned
The Clerical Aide must be:
- A Northwestern University undergraduate student
- In good disciplinary standing with Northwestern University
- Demonstrates strong understanding of customer service
- Must be Work Study Eligible
Dates of Employment
The Clerical Aide will be hired for the given academic year. They must be able to work all scheduled shifts throughout the year, including finals week. Please note that clerks need to arrive on campus prior to Wildcat Welcome.
- The Clerical Aide will be paid a starting wage of $13 per hour. Annual raises may be given based on performance. It is the clerk’s responsibility to monitor their Work-Study package to stay within the given allotment.
- Students with or without work study eligibility are welcome to apply.