Skip to main content

Walking Zone

For faculty, staff or students to be eligible for permits, the individual must reside:

  • North of Central Street
  • West of Ridge Avenue (not on it) from Central Street to Emerson Street
  • West of the Metra tracks from Emerson Street to Lake Street
  • South of Lake Street (not on it)

Parking Services uses the official address of the building to establish residence.

Walking zone

Extenuating circumstances may qualify for a Walk Zone exception. If your request is medical related students should contact AccessibleNU. Faculty and staff should contact the Office of Equity. For non-medical requests you may fill out the exemption request form. The Parking Committee reviews requests and makes final decisions. The Committee meets once per quarter.