Listed below are selected policies and statements that fall under the purview of the Provost's office.
- Academic Integrity: A central resource of policies governing academic integrity for all students and faculty at Northwestern. Individual school policies further address school-based process.
- Accommodations for Religious Holidays: Statement and guidelines on accommodations regarding religious holidays.
- Awarding Certificates: Guidelines for schools on creating curricular packages smaller than a major or a minor to present to students as a certificate.
- Awarding Credit: Outlines how Northwestern’s current credit awarding practices are in line with the Federal definitions of a credit hour.
- Consensual Relations and Sexual Misconduct: Information on policies governing conflicts arising from unequal power relationships and from all forms of sexual misconduct.
- Faculty Fitness Panel: Policy to address a faculty member’s inability to fulfill the essential function of their professional obligations due to significant physical or personal impairment, or significantly disruptive behavior.
- Faculty Leaves: Policies related to faculty leaves and descriptions of the different faculty categories eligible for leaves.
- Faculty Promotion and Tenure: Procedures relating to faculty promotions, the tenure process, and participation in personnel decisions.
- Guidelines on Recording Remote Course Content: Information and guidance on recording synchronous remote course content, specifically in response to the COVID-19 crisis during Spring, 2020 Spring Quarter.
- New Program Development: Overview of the Provost’s review process for creating new programs and an operational guide to help you enact your program changes once approval has been granted.
- Provost’s Statement on Civility: Policy and resources relating to campus civility.
- Sponsorship for Legal Permanent Residence: Processes for determining faculty titles and appointments and sponsorship for permanent residence.
Northwestern University is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of integrity in all academic, research, and business activities. The Northwestern University Conflict of Interest (NUCOI) Office oversees and implements the University faculty and staff conflict of interest policies and procedures.
University Police works to serve the University community by providing a safe and secure environment for living, learning, and working. See the NUPD website for campus safety policies.