Skip to main content

Sponsorship for Legal Permanent Residence

All University-sponsored employees who seek permanent residence in the United States must use a university-approved attorney; a list is available from the International Office. The applicant’s department must follow the procedures and check-list prepared by the International Office for this purpose, including maintaining the appropriate recruitment and advertisement records for the required five years.

Responsible Office: Office of the Provost

Who Needs to Know This Policy: All Northwestern faculty members

Contacts: For a complete description of this Policy and the process for becoming a Legal Permanent Resident, or for questions on this Policy, please visit the International Office website.

Dated: May, 2013