Northwestern University combines innovative teaching and pioneering research in a highly collaborative environment that transcends traditional academic boundaries. It provides students and faculty exceptional opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth in three richly unique settings: Chicago, Evanston and Doha, Qatar.
University Mission Statement
Northwestern is committed to excellent teaching, innovative research, and the personal and intellectual growth of its students in a diverse academic community.
About the Provost
Provost Jonathan Holloway is Northwestern University's Chief Academic Officer and an ex officio member of the faculty of each school. As Provost, he:
- Supervises the educational policies and academic priorities of the University.
- Encourages and coordinates initiatives in undergraduate and graduate education.
- Oversees preparation of the university's annual budget.
- Acts on faculty appointments and promotions.
- Directs allocation of resources and space to academic units.
- Is the acting chief executive officer in the absence of the President.
Learn more about our office: