The Office of the Provost's strategic priorities are guided by Northwestern's broader, values-driven university priorities.
Office of the Provost Strategic Priorities
- Advance the University’s strategic priorities, maintaining momentum in key areas and identifying new opportunities. Develop initiatives to enhance our intellectual eminence and impact and build our research enterprise.
- Focus on ensuring Northwestern is an institution where all students, faculty and staff can thrive.
- Continue to lead the University’s efforts to create a culture of access, belonging, and accountability through the work of the Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion, Office of Equity, and others University areas and initiatives.
- Continue to support and build leadership strength across the deans and faculty.
- Further develop the capacity of the Office of the Provost to serve as a strong resource for the work of the faculty, students, and staff.
- Further develop a collaborative and strategic approach to supporting and enhancing Northwestern’s global presence.
- Lead execution of the University’s resource allocation process, identifying priorities across the institution that advance the University’s mission.
- Lead the University’s academic enterprise through the transition away from a COVID-19 focus toward a steady state, while continuing to mitigate the impact of the pandemic on key populations.
Our ongoing initiatives reflect the Office of the Provost's commitment to these priorities.