The Office of the Provost's strategic priorities are guided by Northwestern's broader, values-driven university priorities.
Office of the Provost Strategic Priorities
- Continue to make progress on addressing the University's strategic priorities; focusing on making Northwestern an institution in which all students, faculty and staff can thrive
- Successfully lead the University’s academic enterprise through the COVID-19 pandemic crisis
- Lead the University’s efforts to create a culture of access, belonging, and accountability through the work of the Office of Equity, the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion, and other University areas and initiatives
- Continue to support and build leadership strength across the deans and faculty
- Further develop a collaborative and strategic approach to supporting and enhancing Northwestern’s global presence
- Further develop the capacity of the Office of the Provost to serve as a strong resource for supporting the work of all faculty, students and staff
- Lead execution of the University's resource allocation process, guided by the principle of balancing current and future needs to ensure that the University has a balanced budget
Our ongoing initiatives reflect the Office of the Provost's commitment to these priorities.