Preparing to Retire
Are you thinking about or preparing for retirement? Congratulations! Here are a few resources to help you prepare for this next phase in your life.
- Information on Retiring: Complete details and resources regarding retirement from the Human Resources website.
- The Transitioning to Retirement: Resources for Faculty brochure provides an overview of key steps in planning for your retirement and resources that are available to help you navigate this decision.
- The Faculty Handbook contains a comprehensive section on retirement procedures and eligibility for appointment to emeritus status.
- Northwestern University offers a phased retirement option. Faculty who are interested in entering into a Phased Retirement Agreement should consult with their Dean's Office. Questions on how an executed agreement will impact your benefits should be directed to the University's Benefits Office.
Opportunities for Retirees
- Programs and Services: We invite retirees to take advantage of these special services provided by the University.
- Northwestern Emeriti Organization: Many retired faculty wish to remain engaged in the intellectual life at Northwestern, and we in turn are grateful for their continued contributions to the NU community. The Northwestern Emeriti Organization (NEO) advocates for and promotes the professional and social community of our emeritus faculty.