Faculty Search Guidelines Appendices and Other Resources
Faculty Search Guidelines
- Appendix A: The Role of the Equity Representative
- Appendix B: Candidate Databases
- Appendix C: Advertising Venues for Faculty Recruitment
- Appendix D: Sample Evaluation Rubrics
- Appendix E: Resources for Candidates and New Hires
- Appendix F: Legal Considerations
- Appendix G: Sample Committee Finalist Recommendation
Faculty Recruiting System (FRS)
- The Faculty Recruiting System (FRS) is available to facilitate the collection and review of applicant materials. More information and guides to using the system are available..
- The Faculty Recruiting System can be accessed at: https://facultyrecruiting.northwestern.edu.
- For searches not conducted through the Faculty Recruiting System, the Faculty Search Summary form should be included in the offer recommendation materials. Download the form.
Resources on Reducing Unconscious Bias
- This page provides links to some online resources, a list of suggested strategies for minimizing bias in faculty recruitment, and a selected list of academic studies and other articles on the topic. Learn more.
- You may also download and print our tip sheet, Research Supporting the Existence of Unconscious Bias and its Effects on Diversity in Recruitment.
- Searching for Excellence & Diversity: A Guide for Search Committees is an excellent guide for faculty search committees that was produced by Wisconsin’s Women in Science & Engineering Leadership Institute (WISELI).