How Do I Confirm My NU-SHIP Coverage?If you intend to use the NU-SHIP for your insurance coverage, please confirm your enrollment as soon as possible.
- Login here to confirm or waive your NU-SHIP enrollment!
- Click here for screenshots with step-by-step instructions to help you navigate the Student Health Insurance Selection process in CAESAR.
- It takes approximately 4-5 business days after you confirm your NU-SHIP enrollment for your information to be processed in Aetna Student Health's system.
- Once your data has been processed, you will receive an email from Aetna Student Health (ASH) confirming your enrollment. This email will contain a link to download your NU-SHIP ID card, and set up an Aetna Navigator account.
- Please note the 2022-23 NU-SHIP coverage will end on 8/31/2023. We encourage you to confirm your NU-SHIP enrollment in CAESAR as soon as possible; this will ensure access to your coverage (after the 4-5 business day enrollment process). If you do not confirm your enrollment, you will experience service issues at medical offices and pharmacies when attempting to utilize the coverage.
NU-SHIP Enrollment/Leaves of Absence
If a student is on a university-approved leave of absence the student is eligible to remain enrolled in the NU-SHIP for the remainder of the academic year in which the leave was taken. If the leave extends into the next academic year the student is eligible to remain enrolled for only one more policy year. Please complete the 2023-24 Application to Renew NU-SHIP Coverage and return it back to our office via email. Please note we are unable to process this form until the leave is reflected in the student's record in CAESAR.