Mid-Year Changes / Cancellations
- 2021-22 Petition to Cancel Form (will be posted in the Fall Quarter)
- 2021-22 Petition to Add Form (will be posted in the Fall Quarter)
- 2021-22 NU-SHIP Graduation Cancellation Form (will be posted in the Fall Quarter)
Leaves of Absence
- 2021-2022 NU-SHIP Enrollment Form for Students on a Leave of Absence (pdf) - used by students on a leave (Medical, Parental, other) during Fall quarter, to renew their NU-SHIP coverage for the academic year.
- 2021-2022 Comparable Coverage Checklist (pdf) - a 1-page summary of Northwestern's requirements for all insurance plans for the academic year (provides required criteria to waive NU-SHIP enrollment).
The financial aid office provides aid to undergraduate students who need to purchase the university plan and who also have significant financial need. The aid provided will depend on your financial need as determined through the financial aid application process. Please complete the 2021-22 Health Insurance Aid Request application. This application is processed by the Office of Financial Aid. Please follow-up with them on the status of the application after it is submitted.