Academic Integrity: A Basic Guide is a central resource of policies governing academic integrity for all students and faculty at Northwestern.
See the Four Main Sections of the Guide
- Principles Regarding Academic Integrity
- Eight Cardinal Rules of Academic Integrity
- School Contacts
- How to Avoid Plagiarism
Individual school policies further address school-based processes.
- Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Education and Social Policy
- McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Medill School of Journalism, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications
- Bienen School of Music
- School of Communication
- School of Professional Studies
- The Graduate School
- Kellogg School of Management
- Pritzker School of Law
- Feinberg School of Medicine
- Northwestern University in Qatar
Responsible Office: Office of the Provost
Who Needs to Know This Policy: Northwestern Students
Contacts: This page is maintained by the Undergraduate Council. For questions or further information contact Miriam Sherin, Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education or Ricardo Court, Assistant Dean for Academic Integrity, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences.
Dated: March 1, 2023