The Office of the Provost is committed to the professional success and personal well-being of all faculty members. This webpage highlights well-being resources available to faculty.
Consultation and Counseling
- Faculty Wellness Program: Northwestern’s Faculty Wellness Program offers assistance to full-time faculty members who are experiencing difficulties in their professional or personal lives. Contact: email@example.com.
- Office of the Ombudsperson: The Office of the Ombudsperson offers assistance on a broad array of issues, including academic and work-related concerns. The Ombudsperson acts as a neutral, independent, impartial and confidential resource for faculty, staff and students on all three Northwestern campuses: Evanston, Chicago and Doha, Qatar. Contact the Ombudsperson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employee Assistance Program: The Employee Assistance Program (EAP), a program for faculty and staff, provides a network of services, including free short-term counseling, to help address everyday life challenges in a confidential, professional, and supportive manner. Contact 855-547-1851 or email@example.com to learn more.
Well-Being, Time Management and Work/Life Benefits Programs
- The Office of the Provost offers workshops and programs on well-being, time management and work/life benefits in conjunction with partners in the Faculty Wellness Program, the HR Well-Being team and The Family Institute. More information can be found the Career Development and Support Programs webpage.
Meditation, Yoga, and Exercise Classes
- Northwestern Recreation offers free on-demand remote fitness classes, both live and on-demand. Membership is not required for these classes.
- The Office of Well-being is providing Your Daily remote yoga, meditation and exercise classes.
- White light therapy is available free to faculty, staff and students.
- Northwestern Recreation offers faculty the lowest membership rates available, which include access to in person group exercise classes. Personal trainers, private yoga/pilates, massage therapy, and a breath class are also available for a fee.
- Well-Being and YourLife Wellness Program, Human Resources: A wide variety of programs, services, discounts, and resources to help you make thoughtful, informed choices to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Learn more.
- Work-Life and Family Resources: Explore information on work/life-related policies and family support programs and benefits including childcare and eldercare.
- National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity: Northwestern University is a member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD). This membership offers free access to online professional development resources and support for well-being. Open to all faculty and graduate students. Learn more.