- Supervises the educational policies and academic priorities of the University
- Encourages and coordinates initiatives in undergraduate and graduate education
- Oversees preparation of the University's annual budget
- Acts on faculty appointments and promotions
- Directs allocation of resources and space to academic units
- Is the acting chief executive officer in the absence of the president
About the Office of the Provost
Northwestern University combines innovative teaching and pioneering research in a highly collaborative environment that transcends traditional academic boundaries. The Office of the Provost supports the University's mission, values and goals.
About the Provost
Provost Kathleen Hagerty is Northwestern University's Chief Academic Officer and an ex officio member of the faculty of each school.
Reporting Units and Staff
In addition to Northwestern's schools and colleges, more than 20 academic and administrative units report to the Office of the Provost.
View the reporting structure for the Office of the Provost, and access biographical and contact information for our team.