Skip to main content

Reporting to The University

Report a Concern Related to Sexual Violence, Relationship Violence, and/or Stalking

Northwestern has two policies on sexual misconduct. Both the Interim Policy on Title IX Sexual Harassment and the Policy on Institutional Equity are applicable to students, staff, and faculty. Review these policies for more information regarding reporting violence at NU.

If you have experienced sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, or sexual harassment, there are several ways to file a complaint with Northwestern University.

Use this report if you or someone you know has experienced a concern related to sexual violence, relationship violence, and/or stalking and the person responsible is a Northwestern student, staff, or faculty member. 

**Please note that this report can be filled out anonymously, you are not required to provide your name, email, or phone number.

Filing a report with the University can involve the University Hearing and Appeals System (UHAS) if a survivor chooses. UHAS is separate and distinct from any legal or criminal process and is specifically designed to address student-related concerns. All staff affiliated with UHAS are specifically trained in responding to reports of sexual misconduct, stalking, and dating, and domestic violence.

If you are a student, staff, or faculty member who has experienced sexual harassment (including sexual violence) from a faculty or staff member, you may file a complaint with the Office of Equity. 

If you are a student, staff, or faculty member who has witnessed or been the target of an act of bias, hate, discrimination, or harassment, visit the Office of Equity website for reporting options.

Title IX prohibits sex discrimination in all university programs and activities. Sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, and sexual harassment are considered forms of sex discrimination. If you experience any of these forms of sexual violence, you have rights and options at Northwestern.

For more information on reporting and institutional options after an experience of sexual violence, relationship violence, or stalking, visit the Office of Equity website