Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) has a long history of extensive training, with an APA-Accredited Doctoral Internship in Health Service Psychology.
- A full range of clinical, outreach, training, and consultation services provided by a multidisciplinary staff of psychologists, clinical social workers, counselors, and psychiatrists
- In-person and telehealth modalities for clinical services
- Group therapy program with typical offerings including psychoeducational, support, and interpersonal process groups
- Outreach and prevention programming for college mental health issues
- On-campus informal drop-in consultation for students (Let's Talk)
- 24-hour rotational on-call system for afterhours emergencies where we provide consultation and intervention in collaboration with a contracted third-party agency
Individual psychotherapy at CAPS is short-term, therefore training at CAPS offers extensive opportunity to enhance skills in brief treatment. Postdoctoral Fellows can also carry a few longer-term clients to round out their training experience.