Clinical Services Overview
CAPS offers counseling services to full time/degree-seeking students. This will walk you through the program so you know what to expect.
First Point of Contact
Evanston or Chicago Campus Care Plan Meetings
Please visit the online scheduler website to make an appointment.
WellTrack is an interactive, self-educational, online program that uses Cognitive Behavioral techniques to help you address a range of issues. It includes modules for anxiety & stress, depression, and public speaking. It also includes a mood tracking tool, mindfulness and relaxation exercises, a scheduler/calendar, and a wellness assessment, among other resources. WellTrack is not a substitute for therapy. If you are not yet connected to care and are interested in learning more about available resources, please click here to schedule an initial consultation at Chicago CAPS.
If you are already connected to mental health services, please inform your treatment provider that you are using WellTrack.
Click here to access WellTrack. You can also download the app for your mobile device. WellTrack is available for all currently enrolled, full-time students at Northwestern. You will need to use your Northwestern email address when signing up, and you will be asked to login using your NetID.
- Daytime emergency service - call (847)-491-2151, ask for a same-day appointment either at our Chicago Campus or Evanston Campus.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911 or go to your local emergency room.
- Please call (847)-491-2151 and follow the prompts (press 0) to be connected to an on-call counselor. An emergency counselor is available after-hours and on the weekends year-round.
Counseling and Psychological Services is located on the 2nd floor of Searle Hall on the south end of campus.
- Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
- For an appointment please visit the online scheduler website
- After hours (after 5 pm): Please call (847)-491-2151 and follow the prompts (press 0) to be connected to an on-call counselor. An emergency counselor is available after-hours and on the weekends year-round.
Searle Hall, 2nd Floor
633 Emerson Street
Evanston, IL 60208
The Chicago Counseling and Psychological Services Office is located on the 5th floor of Abbott Hall, which is located between Superior and Huron.
- Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
- For an appointment please call: (847)- 491-2151
Abbott Hall, 5th Floor, Suite 500
710 N. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60611