Clinical Services Overview
CAPS offers counseling services to full time/degree-seeking students. This will walk you through the program so you know what to expect.
First Point of Contact
Evanston or Chicago Campus Care Plan Meetings
Please visit the Evanston Initial Assessment Meeting OR Chicago Initial Assessment Meeting to make an appointment.
For more information visit our Care Plan Meeting Page.
- Daytime emergency service - call (847)-491-2151, ask for a same-day appointment either at our Chicago Campus or Evanston Campus.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911 or go to your local emergency room.
- Please call (847)-491-2151 and follow the prompts (press 0) to be connected to an on-call counselor. An emergency counselor is available after-hours and on the weekends year-round.
Counseling and Psychological Services is located on the 2nd floor of Searle Hall on the south end of campus.
- Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
- For an appointment, please visit the Evanston Initial Assessment page.
- Initial Assessment appointments are via Zoom. Please make sure to secure a private meeting space.
- After hours (after 5 pm): Please call (847)-491-2151 and follow the prompts (press 0) to be connected to an on-call counselor. An emergency counselor is available after-hours and on the weekends year-round.
Searle Hall, 2nd Floor
633 Emerson Street
Evanston, IL 60208
The Chicago Counseling and Psychological Services Office is located on the 5th floor of Abbott Hall, which is located between Superior and Huron.
- Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
- For an appointment please call: (847)- 491-2151 or visit the Chicago Initial Assessment page.
Abbott Hall, 5th Floor, Suite 500
710 N. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60611