Scope of Services
- Only currently enrolled, full-time undergraduate and graduate/professional students on both Evanston and Chicago campuses are eligible for ongoing services at CAPS.
- CAPS invites eligible students to book an Evanston Initial Assessment to speak with one of our counselors to discuss their concerns.
- Part-time students and students enrolled in the School of Professional Studies are only eligible for Crisis Support and Referral Support.
- Evanston CAPS uses a short-term treatment model for individual therapy, and group therapy and services are tailored to best meet each student’s need.
- When students’ needs are best suited to longer-term therapy or specialized care, CAPS will provide support in connecting to the appropriate resources. See Referral Support for additional information.
- Psychiatric services at CAPS are only available to those students who are in concurrent short-term individual therapy at CAPS. To read more about the scope of psychiatric services at CAPS, click here.