Support for Sexual Assault Survivors
On a very public stage and in our community, we are witnessing the ongoing marginalization of women and sexual assault survivors. We at CAPS stand with all sexual assault survivors and do not condone any form of sexual violence. We believe personal experiences both reported and unreported matter. We recognize that women of color, members of LGBTQ and gender non-binary communities, and individuals with disabilities are disproportionately impacted by sexual violence. We at CAPS are committed to providing a safe and confidential space for all students impacted by any form of sexual violence.
Remember to take care of yourself and those around you.
List of regional and national resources in addressing trauma and violence:
- NU Center for Awareness Response and Education (CARE)
- North West Center Against Sexual Assault (NWCASA- Evanston)
- RESILIENCE (formerly Rape Victim Advocates)
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network/National Sexual Assault Hotline- 800.656.HOPE (4673)
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline
- Trans Lifeline
- JED foundation
- Apna Ghar (Our Home)
- Mujeres Latinas En Accion
- Porchlight Counseling
- Trauma Recovery Group- facilitated by CARE and CAPS. For more info and to register email: ThriveGroupNU@gmail.com