Support for Sexual Assault Survivors
On a very public stage and in our community, we are witnessing the ongoing marginalization of women and sexual assault survivors. We at CAPS stand with all sexual assault survivors and do not condone any form of sexual violence. We believe personal experiences both reported and unreported matter. We recognize that women of color, members of LGBTQ and gender non-binary communities, and individuals with disabilities are disproportionately impacted by sexual violence. We at CAPS are committed to providing a safe and confidential space for all students impacted by any form of sexual violence.
Remember to take care of yourself and those around you.
List of regional and national resources in addressing trauma and violence:
- Apna Ghar (Our Home)
- Greenlight Family Services
- JED Foundation
- Mujeres Latinas En Accion
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline
- North West Center Against Sexual Assault (NWCASA- Evanston)
- NU Center for Awareness Response and Education (CARE)
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network/National Sexual Assault Hotline- 800.656.HOPE (4673)
- RESILIENCE (formerly Rape Victim Advocates)
- Trans Lifeline
- Trauma Recovery Group
- The group will be facilitated by Carrie Wachter (CARE) and Kanika Wadhwa (CAPS).
- If you would like more information or to get involved, please email email@example.com. To get involved, please fill out the interest form here.