- Psychiatric services at Evanston CAPS may include assessment, medication consultation, and medication management.
- Students are eligible for psychiatric services at CAPS only when they are in concurrent therapy at CAPS, which follows a brief treatment model.
- Medication management without concurrent therapy at CAPS is NOT offered by CAPS psychiatrists.
- Students who are prescribed psychotropic medications by an outside provider need to transfer medication management services to the CAPS psychiatrist, ONLY if they are being seen at CAPS for individual therapy.
- Students who are seeing an off-campus provider for individual therapy will need to transfer their medication management services to a psychiatrist in the community.
- If you are in need of a local psychiatrist to provide medication management services only or you are in need of longer-term psychiatric services, CAPS staff will assist you with a referral to a community provider.
- You can also search our CAPS Provider Referral List to find a psychiatrist in the community.
- For students who are not established in individual therapy at CAPS, please be aware that the CAPS psychiatrist is unable to provide bridge prescriptions.