Student Organization Storage
MSA supports student organizations in recognition of the crucial role they play in supporting MSA's mission and caring for the communities we serve. In the interest of meeting the multiple and diverse needs within our communities, MSA will provide limited storage space in the MCC basement as a free and shared resource for eligible student organizations. based on demand and availability each academic year.
MSA provides basement storage as a limited and shared resource, open to student organizations whose work aligns with MSA's mission.
- Be properly recognized and registered with the university, as determined by Student Orgs & Activities
- Be in good non-academic standing with the university, as determined by Student Conduct
- Have an account in good standing (i.e., not frozen) with Student Organization Funding Office (SOFO) at the time of applying
- Not have an office, storage space, etc. on campus (Norris offices, etc.)
- Storage is not guaranteed. MCC basement storage will be assigned through a randomized lottery system based on demand and availability.
- All groups will be required to vacate the MCC basement at the end of the 2019-2020 academic year. This is to ensure that the basement can be inspected and repaired for health and safety purposes. Any items left remaining at the end of the year will be disposed of.
- Each organization that receives storage space will be assigned a room/shelf/bin number(s) for their storage needs for the quarter. Each organization will be assigned, at most, three bins (dimensions: 33"L x 20/18" W x 13.5" H)
- All items must be stored in the bins provided - items cannot be placed individually on the storage shelves. Any items that do not fit within the bins should be labeled as large/oversize.
- Large/oversize items will be stored in a separate area of the basement. Oversize items must be clearly labeled with the organization name.
- Organizations may not share storage bins with other organizations.
- Organizations must keep their storage area clean and organized and ensure accessibility. No items may be stored on the floor.
- Access to the MCC basement is limited to MCC operating hours and will be overseen by MSA staff.
- Organizations will designate two members who will be authorized to access the basement on behalf of the organization. The names of these authorized individuals will be logged by the MSA Office Assistant (OA). All entries to the basement must be granted by the Office Assistant. It is up to the organization to inform MSA staff when the two designated members change (after elections, etc.).
- Student organizations are responsible for moving in and moving out items on their own - MSA staff, including OAs, are not responsible for moving items in and out of the basement. MSA staff roles, are limited to providing access to the basement and monitoring compliance with MSA policies.
- MSA is not responsible for broken, missing, or stolen items. Any items stored are done so at the organization's own risk.
- To ensure the security and the safety of students and staff and that prohibited items are not stored in the bins, MSA reserves the right to inspect the contents of the bins. This applies especially to food items, which may attract pests and other unwanted visitors.
- Food (both perishable and non-perishable).
- Firearms, drugs or drug paraphernalia, alcohol, any items prohibited on campus by all applicable laws and university policies.
- Hazardous materials: Flammable items, paint, aerosol and spray cans, explosives, chemicals, etc.
- Personal items: Only materials related to student org activities may be stored.
- Items belonging to another student organization.
Failure to comply with the MSA Storage Policy may result in lost privileges of MSA provided resources, notification to organization Advisor, and/or notification to the Office of Student Conduct.
Some policy violations may include but are not limited to:
- Unauthorized entry into storage space
- Prohibited item(s) kept in storage
- Failure to keep storage space clean and accessible
- Mistreatment of MSA staff (including OAs)