Latinx Heritage Month (nationally known as Hispanic Heritage Month) is celebrated September 15 - October 15. The university community host a variety of programs and events which aim to educate on Latinx issues and build community on campus. All throughout the month we have new and exciting events, collaborations, and contributions from students, staff, faculty, and the campus community.
Please visit this site for up-to-date information on activities throughout the month.
If there are other NU community events that you would like to be included, please email details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latinx Heritage Month 2021 Events
*Because of Covid-19, MSA-sponsored events will be available online, hybrid and in-person.
Latinx Heritage Month Kick-off Event
- October 1, 2021 - 2:00pm - 4:00pm CDT
- Guild Lounge
- Join MSA staff and students at Guild Lounge as we begin Northwestern's Latinx Heritage Month with our Kickoff event. You'll have the opportunity to meet one another, hear about what exciting events we have planned to celebrate Latinx Heritage Month, and learn about many student organizations that support Latinx students!
Café con Leche - Meet and Greet with Northwestern's Latinx Faculty
- October 11, 2021 - 3:00pm-4:30pm CDT
- Multicultural Center (MCC) 1936 Sheridan Road
- list of faculty upcoming
National Latino Aids Awareness Day
- October 15, 2021
- MSA Instagram
- Nationally October 15th, has been designated as National Latino AIDS Awareness Day (NLAAD). In 2003, NLAAD was established in response to the impact of HIV and AIDS on Hispanic/Latinx communities nationwide. Join MSA on social media for information to create awareness around the issues of AIDS in the Latinx community.
Dia de los Muertos Altar Making Event
- October 25, 2021 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Norris Student Center - Wildcat Room 101B
- To celebrate Diá de los Muertos, MSA will be partnering with Evanston Public Library to host an altar-making event. Using an assortment of crafts, we will be decorating boxes and turning them into altars to remember and celebrate loved ones who have passed away. The event will be held in-person. We invite you to bring pictures of loved ones for your altar. Craft supplies will be provided.
AASP & LLSP Welcome Reception
- October 7, 2021 - 12:00pm - 2:00pm CDT
- AASP/LLSP Conf Room Crow Hall - Room 1-132
- Join Asian American Studies Program (AASP) and Latina & Latino Studies Program (LLSP) to celebrate the beginning of the academic year! Enjoy some food, meet our faculty and staff and start the year as part of our community!