Registration DeadlineFri., April 16th at 11:59 pm CST
Virtual PremiereFriday, June 11th at 6:30 pm CST
FGLI Graduation Celebration
Student Enrichment Services (SES) is thrilled to announce the Inaugural FGLI Graduation Celebration. Our first-ever celebration honors and uplifts the accomplishments of our first-generation, lower-income, and / or undocumented / DACA undergraduate community on campus.
All students who identify as first-generation, lower-income, and / or undocumented / DACA are invited to participate in this virtual celebration. We are committed to honoring your journey at Northwestern as well as the family, friends, and communities that supported and cheered you on as you achieve d this accomplishment. Each student will have the opportunity to submit a quote, photos, and other information to be featured in this pre-recorded virtual event. Finally, all students who participate will receive a FGLI graduation gift, and students who identify as first-generation college students will also receive a First-Gen stole.
The FGLI Graduation Celebration is a virtual event that will premiere on Friday, June 11th at 6:30 pm CST.
Register here: http://bit.ly/FGLIGrad2021
Frequently Asked Questions:
- I'm not sure if I am considered first-generation college student? Lower-income?
- SES recognizes the complexity involved with both of these identities. If you have questions about your particular background, please email us at email@example.com and we'll follow up with you. To learn more about how SES thinks about the FGLI and / or undocumented / DACA identity, please .
- How do I register?
- Complete this form: http://bit.ly/FGLIGrad2021
- I already ordered a first-generation college student stole. Can I be reimbursed?
- No. Unfortunately , SES cannot process reimbursements for previously purchased stoles.
- When will the Inaugural FGLI Graduation Celebration take place?
- The eve nt premieres on June 11th at 6:30 pm CST as a pre-recorded event. Registrants will receive a reminder closer to the event date .
- Is it only open to undergraduate students?
- At the moment , the FGLI Graduation is limited to undergraduate students.
- Can I also participate in the MSA End-of-Year Celebrations ?
- Absolutely. You are welcome to participate in as many celebrations as you'd like to. We've worked to ensure our event does not conflict with any of the MSA or university-wide graduation celebrations. You can learn more about MSA End-of-Year Celebrations and registration information .
- Why can't I register past Friday, April 16th?
- Due to tight turnaround times related to communication, recording, and marketing, we cannot accommodate any requests past April 16th.
- Are we getting stoles?
- First-generation college students will receive a first-gen stole. Iinformation regarding the pickup and/or delivery of stoles will be provided in mid-May.
- I live outside of the United States. May I still participate and receive a stole?
- Yes. You may still participate and register to receive a stole. However, please note that international shipping times can be slower.
- I noticed on the RSVP form that I can submit a photo of myself, will I receive my stole in time to take a picture with it?
- No. Our timeline for shipping and pick-up of stoles will be provided in mid-May.
- I submitted my info and need to update something/change the information I submitted.
- If this is during open registration, please fully re-registrar. Your most recent submission is what will be used for the pre-recorded event . If you need to do this AFTER registration close s on April 16 , please email enrichment @ northwestern.edu. Information shared after the registration is NOT guaranteed to make program materials due to other planning deadlines.
- Will the celebration be live or pre-recorded?
- The celebration is pre-recorded. It will be made available to view online .
- How can I share the virtual celebration with my friends and family?
- You will receive a link in June that you will be able to share with your family.
- What if I can 't watch the celebration when it premieres?
- The video of the celebration will be available on our website shortly after the event premieres.