In preparation for the 2022-23 academic year, all registered student organizations are required to:
- Submit annual re-registration on Wildcat Connection to maintain eligibility of their recognized status by Northwestern University for the following academic year
- SOA will enroll the NetIDs each group provides in the Wildcat Connection re-registration portal soon and share the deadline for all Canvas content to be completed later this summer.
Information about these requirements is sent via Wildcat Connection to student group presidents and finance officers. Make sure your group doesn't miss out by visiting your organization's page on Wildcat Connection, reviewing the roster, and making sure the contact info for your roster members is accurate and up-to-date. This document provides information on how to update your organization's Wildcat Connection officers and roster.
All orgs are expected to score >90% in all 5 of the Canvas courses. Track your organization's progress in the gradebook (updated 9/14/22, 3:00pm). SOA will update this weekly to reflect recently submitted quizzes and assignments. If you do not see your org listed, this means the org has not completed step one of submitting the re-registration on Wildcat Connection. If you believe there is an error in the score reflected for one of your org's courses, please email email@example.com with the name of the course, name of your org, user name of the enrollee, and a screengrab showing their score. Note that the student view might not factor in assignments yet-to-be-turned-in in their final score display.
SOA works with student group representatives to ensure this process covers university requirements as well as solicits helpful data to share back with student organization representatives. The registration process is completed by student group representatives on Wildcat Connection. Groups who submit registration on-time experience no interruption of their registered status privileges and receive preference for table location at the all-organization fair. For more information please email Joe Lattal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All undergraduate student organizations recognized as official Northwestern student organizations by the university, whether they receive ASG funding or not. A student representative must complete the registration in the Wildcat Connection platform (not the advisor). Greek letter organizations who are part of the four social councils (IFC, MGC, NPHC, and PHA) and residence-based organizations do not need to complete this process for 2022-23. Groups that are departmentally-sponsored (e.g. have an administrator use a chart string for expenses rather than a SOFO account, are advised by a professional on the group's topic, etc.) may have to re-register if the advisor requires it.
Registration provides students with access to the following privileges (students must still meet individual requirements to obtain each privilege):
- Reserve space at Norris and Satellite Venues (Cahn, Ryan Auditorium, Shanley) at the lowest unit rate available: typically free
- Applying for office space in Norris
- Reserve classroom space via the Registrar’s Office online platform
- Obtain/maintain Northwestern Plan-It Purple events calendar
- Access SOFO account
- Reserve a table for the Fall/Winter Student Organization Fairs and Spring Wildcat Days fair for prospective students
- Reserve outdoor marketing space
- Applying to Campus Life/ Student Organizations & Activities grants
- Applying for ASG funding
- Applying for McCormick funding (McCormick sponsored groups)
Re-register on Wildcat Connection by taking the following steps:
- Login to Wildcat Connection and search for your organization.
- The president and treasurer will see a "Manage Organization" button on their org's page.
- A prompt should show whether the group needs to complete registration for 2022-23.
- Complete all required steps
For more information please email Joe Lattal.