In preparation for the 2023-24 academic year, all registered student organizations are required to:
- Submit annual re-registration on Wildcat Connection to maintain eligibility of their recognized status by Northwestern University for the following academic year. Wildcat Connection re-registration includes identifying student org officers who can complete training modules on Canvas.
- Orgs are expected to complete all Canvas courses by August 31, 2023 to avoid any interruption to RSO privileges. An updated gradebook link will appear here regularly by mid-August.
- List of participating organizations (updated September 15, 2023)
- Canvas Gradebook (updated October 12, 2023)
Information about these requirements is sent via Wildcat Connection to student group presidents and finance officers. Make sure your group doesn't miss out by visiting your organization's page on Wildcat Connection, reviewing the roster, and making sure the contact info for your roster members is accurate and up-to-date. This document provides information on how to update your organization's Wildcat Connection officers and roster.
Wildcat Connection Registration
SOA works with student group representatives to ensure this process covers university requirements as well as solicits helpful data to share back with student organization representatives. The registration process is completed by student group representatives on their organization's Wildcat Connection page. Groups who submit registration on-time experience no interruption of their registered status privileges and receive preference for table location at the all-organization fair. For more information please email Joe Lattal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Organization Officer Canvas Courses (SOOCCs)
SOA identifies resources and policies relevant for > 90% of the registered student organization (RSO) community and publishes presentations, links to websites, and assessments in Canvas courses. SOA enrolls students who are listed on the final screen of the Wildcat Connection re-registration for each RSO. With a significant amount of new knowledge to absorb, the Canvas courses are available to refer back to as needed throughout the year to prepare folx in their roles for a successful term. Courses are focused on the following topics:
- Event Planning
- Fundraising & Budgeting (this is separate than SOFO Account training)
- General Administration
- Marketing & Communication
For questions about enrollment and requirements, please email: email@example.com
Other components of annual requirements
Beyond the SOA annual requirements listed above, specific RSOs may have additional items to complete to prepare for the new year.
- Student organizations with SOFO accounts are expected to have incoming officers complete SOFO training to access their funds. If the organization will keep the same officers signed-in, no refresher training is needed.
- Competitive sports and department-sponsored organizations may have additional requirements, orientations, or trainings suitable for the RSO's activity. Consult your RSO advisor for expectations.
All undergraduate student organizations recognized as official Northwestern student organizations by the university, whether they receive ASG funding or not. A student representative must complete the registration in the Wildcat Connection platform (not the advisor). Greek letter organizations who are part of the four social councils (IFC, MGC, NPHC, and PHA) and residence-based organizations do not need to complete this process for 2022-23. Groups that are departmentally-sponsored (e.g. have an administrator use a chart string for expenses rather than a SOFO account, are advised by a professional on the group's topic, etc.) may have to re-register if the advisor requires it.
Registration provides students with access to the following privileges (students must still meet individual requirements to obtain each privilege):
- Reserve space at Norris and Satellite Venues (Cahn, Ryan Auditorium, Shanley) at the lowest unit rate available: typically free
- Applying for office space in Norris
- Reserve classroom space via the Registrar’s Office online platform
- Obtain/maintain Northwestern Plan-It Purple events calendar
- Access SOFO account
- Reserve a table for the Fall/Winter Student Organization Fairs and Spring Wildcat Days fair for prospective students
- Reserve outdoor marketing space
- Applying to Campus Life/ Student Organizations & Activities grants
- Applying for ASG funding
- Applying for McCormick funding (McCormick sponsored groups)
Re-register on Wildcat Connection by taking the following steps:
- Login to Wildcat Connection and search for your organization.
- The president and treasurer will see a "Manage Organization" button on their org's page.
- A prompt should show whether the group needs to complete registration for 2022-23.
- Complete all required steps
For more information please email Joe Lattal.