New Advisor Onboarding
Congratulations on matching with a Northwestern registered student organization and thank you for serving our students. Below is a series of topics including required next steps to get started in your role as well as information and resources.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to directly notify our office that the group no longer needs a faculty/staff advisor.
Next, please connect with a student contact in the group you advise and ask that the student:
- Invite you to their group's Wildcat Connection page's roster as 'Advisor.'
- Update the group's Wildcat Connection page's About Us section to include your contact information.
- Bring a SOFO Change of Advisor form for you to sign in to the SOFO account (and ideally with the outgoing advisor already signed as leaving the account access).
- Bring an Advisor Acknowledgement form for you to review, initial, and sign.
- Invite you to any group Listserv, collaborative folder, or other communication group appropriate for the advisor to be involved in (especially where meeting minutes are shared).